A Hands-on BBQ Learning Experience
Awesome class. Excellent staff and the results speak for themselves. Thank you!
I have drunk the Kool-Aid and am all in!
Michelle, bootcamp alumni
I just wanted to let you know we had an amazing time at your bootcamp this past weekend. I had purchased the gift card for my husband as a Christmas gift, but he insisted I join him. I was reluctant because I had never smoked anything before, but within an hour I was already talking about coming to other camps.
You are good at your job and you surround yourself with equally knowledgeable people who make the day amazing. We have not stopped talking about our Saturday, and my uncle and cousin are coming to the July 8th camp already jacked up. Last night we decided next year's camp for us will be the whole hog. Guess I have drunk the Kool-Aid and am all in!
Update: All Bootcamps are sold out.
All Bootcamps are limited to the first 20 people to sign up. We cook on 14 different types of grills and smokers so you can duplicate what you learn in camp with what you have at your house. Camps include EVERYTHING you will need; all you need to do is show up. At the end of the camp invite your loved ones in for the feeding frenzy and try everyone’s barbecue!
Turkey & Tailgate Bootcamp: September 23rd and October 14th: SOLD OUT!
This is class is my favorite! It has been a HUGE hit since we began it in 2014! So by popular demand—and just in time for Thanksgiving—we’re again doing a smoked turkey class! Be the hero at your holiday table with this delectable bird! And to keep things moving we (meaning YOU) will be smoking and grilling an additional 20–25 tailgate dishes! Bring your appetites, because there will be a lot of great food to eat! Oh yeah, and there’s beer! Woohoo!
(2 classes in 2023).
Pork Bootcamp: SOLD OUT!
Pork Bootcamp is the ultimate hands-on pork barbecue experience. Featuring bone-in and boneless Boston butts (if you think those are hams from the Northeast, you really need this camp!). We will teach you the ins and outs of prepping, injecting, seasoning, and slow cooking the perfect pork. Dee-licious!
Better yet, if you've always wanted to cook a whole hog and never knew how, this is your chance to get in on a whole hog cook!
Prep is Friday from 5:30 pm to 9:30 pm. You can either stay overnight or return Saturday morning for wrapping, spraying, pulling, and eating. Woohoo!
(One class in 2023)
Brisket Bootcamp: SOLD OUT!
The meat that separates the men from the boys! By far the hardest barbecue meat to master, brisket will no longer be a mystery to you once you've attended Brisket Bootcamp. You’ll get the whole packer to work with. Then we’ll teach you about the point and the flat, about trimming the meat down, about burnt ends, about Secret Injection X—and more. When this camp is over, you’ll be the Bull of the House, just like my Grandma, who cooks one of the meaner briskets I've eaten.
This is offered as both a one-day and a two-day class to fit all schedules.
(4 classes in 2023)
Ribs and Chicken Bootcamp: SOLD OUT!
Our most popular bootcamp, especially with the ladies! Everyone agrees, there's just something about a woman who can cook great ribs! This bootcamp is offered three times over the course of the summer. In this one-day camp, we go over the differences between baby back and spare ribs. We’ll cut the spares St. Louis-style, then talk about the membrane, trimming, seasoning, and other great rib secrets.
After that, we’ll show you how to make some chicken. That’s right, two meats in one day; it's how we roll! Sign up quick, this one fills up fast!
(3 classes in 2023)
- Most years, you'll be able to choose from 10 barbecue bootcamp dates, from from May to October. Select the category that interests you most: pork, brisket, ribs/chicken, or turkey.
- In addition to the main meat focus, you'll have opportunities to cook breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks during the day.
- You'll get to cook on 12 different types of grills/cookers: GMG pellet cookers, Webers, Big Green Eggs for homeowners; Backwoods Smokers, 270 Smokers for competitors, and Meadow Creek units for caterers. If you have a cooker and want to bring it you can, but please make prior arrangements with us.
- You're invited to come and observe a bootcamp even if you're not in the class!
- Most classes are one-day Saturday classes and will start around 6:00 or 7:00 in the morning and run through 4:00 or 5:00 in the evening (BBQ is fickle and times vary).
- The pork and brisket classes will run overnight, starting at 5:00 or 6:00 pm on Friday through Saturday morning around 11 am.
- There is plenty of room and RV’s and tents are welcome. You are also welcome to recall your youth and stay up all night! Woo-hoo!
For now, we are hosting these bootcamps at our location in Greencastle, Pennsylvania. Unfortunately, because of new neighbors around our Frederick location and the limitations of our lease there, we are not able to host bootcamps at that location. We are looking at other places that might work but, as of now, all classes will be in Greencastle. I apologize for any inconvenience!
What Is Provided
Everything is provided, so all you have to bring is yourself and a good attitude! If you think you already know everything about barbecue, we kindly ask you not to come. These classes are a ton of fun and everyone—from the beginner to the caterer to the competitor—will learn something. In every class you'll hear from experienced pro competitors, caterers, and pitmasters, each with their own unique ways of cooking barbecue. Their friendly arguments will make it even more fun and informative for you.
How to Register
- Just click the button under the description of the bootcamp you want to register for. You'll be taken to an application form to register and buy your tickets.
- After we get your application, we’ll send you a confirmation email to let you know you are in the class. If you do not get an email confirmation, it means we did not receive your registration and you should contact us to work it out.
- The classes fill up very quickly, and registrations are offered on a first come, first served basis.
Very informative and the food was incredible.
Jeff Robertson, Ribs and Chicken bootcamp alumni
Just wanted to take a moment to thank you and your staff for a great camp. I found it to be very informative and the food was incredible. You folks did an excellent job not only with the instruction but in organizing the days events. I’m sure a tremendous amount of work goes into each and every camp and I greatly appreciate your efforts to help educate us newbies.
I’m looking forward to signing up for your Turkey Tailgate with several friends in tow.
Best brisket I ever made by far. Thanks Mason Dixon BBQ Services!
Dan Plombon, AKA guinness
Really enjoyed BBQ Boot Camp, and I hope to participate in another sometime in the future. Thanks again!
It was a great time. Can't wait till the next one.