A Hands-on BBQ Learning Experience
Novemer 2022 Update: Bootcamp gift certificates are available now! We plan to host 10 classes in 2023 with 20 people in each class. That means there will be a limited number of bootcamp gift certificates sold. Due to the popularity of the classes, we will not be selling them online. Purchase a bootcamp gift certificate in person or by phone at either store location until they are sold out. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Dates coming soon!
- Pork and Whole Hog Bootcamp
- Brisket Bootcamp
- Ribs and Chicken Bootcamp
- Turkey and Tailgate
- We typically host 10 barbecue bootcamps each year from May to October. Each bootcamp focuses on one of the following categories: pork, brisket, ribs/chicken, or turkey.
- In addition to the main meat focus, bootcampers will cook breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks during the day.
- Bootcampers will get to cook on 12 different types of grills/cookers: GMG pellet cookers, Webers, Big Green Eggs for homeowners; Backwoods Smokers, 270 Smokers for competitors, and Meadow Creek units for caterers. If you have a cooker and want to bring it you can, but please make prior arrangements with us.
- You're invited to come and observe a bootcamp even if you're not in the class!
- Most classes are one-day Saturday classes and will start around 6:00 or 7:00 in the morning and run through 4:00 or 5:00 in the evening (BBQ is fickle and times vary).
- The pork and brisket classes will run overnight, starting at 5:00 or 6:00 pm on Friday through Saturday morning around 11 am.
- There is plenty of room and RV’s and tents are welcome. You are also welcome to recall your youth and stay up all night! Woo-hoo!
For now, we are hosting these bootcamps at our location in Greencastle, Pennsylvania. Unfortunately, because of new neighbors around our Frederick location and the limitations of our lease there, we are not able to host bootcamps at that location. We are looking at other places that might work but, as of now, all classes will be in Greencastle. I apologize for any inconvenience!
What Is Provided
Everything is provided, so all you have to bring is yourself and a good attitude! If you think you already know everything about barbecue, we kindly ask you not to come. These classes are a ton of fun and everyone—from the beginner to the caterer to the competitor—will learn something. Each class is taught by experienced pro competitors, caterers, and pitmasters. These instructors all have their own unique ways of cooking barbecue, and their friendly arguments will make it even more fun and informative for you.
How to Register
- Once 2023 bootcamp registration opens, we'll announce the dates and add a link to the registration form here on this page.
- After we get your application, we’ll send you a confirmation email to let you know you are in the class. If you do not get an email confirmation, it means we did not receive your registration and you should contact us to work it out.
- The classes fill up very quickly, and registrations are offered on a first come, first served basis.
Early registration: A bootcamp gift certificate lets you register one month before we announce the dates to the public. Only gift certificate recipients have these dates! Purchase a 2023 bootcamp gift certificate in person or by phone at either store location until they are sold out.